The Visual Guide to Neonatal Cardiology is a comprehensive, highly illustrated, reference covering the evaluation, diagnosis and management of cardiac disease in the newborn.
- Contains over 900 color illustrations, including patient photographs, chest roentgenograms, electrocardiograms, echo-cardiograms, angiocardiograms, 3D computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, pathologic specimens, and other relevant visual aids
- Discusses the natural history of fetal heart disease and the rationale, indications, technique, and impact of fetal cardiac intervention
- Reviews the anatomy and physiology of the neonatal cardiovascular system, including differences within the fetal, transitional, neonatal, child and adult circulatory system
- Highlights key steps for taking a patient history, including detailed discussion of the cardiac examination (inspection, palpation and auscultation of heart sounds and murmurs)
- Presents over 35 morphologic conditions with sections covering introduction, epidemiology, etiology with accepted or postulated embryogenesis, pathophysiology, clinical presentation, physical examination findings, diagnostic evaluation, management, and prognosis
- Includes a neonatal formulary reviewing selected medications currently used for treatment of perioperative low cardiac output, congestive heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, sedation, pain and anti-coagulation in neonates