Brain, Part 1 of The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations: Nervous System, 2nd Edition, provides a highly visual guide to this complex organ, from basic neurodevelopment, neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, and cognition to classic disorders including to epilepsy, hypothalamus/pituitary with disorders of consciousness and sleep, movement disorders, cerebellum, stroke, multiple sclerosis, neurologic infections, neuro-oncology, headaches, and brain trauma. This spectacularly illustrated volume in the masterwork known as the (CIBA) Netter “Green Books” has been expanded and revised by Drs. H. Royden Jones, Jr., Ted M. Burns, Michael J. Aminoff, and Scott L. Pomeroy to mirror the many exciting advances in medicine and imaging – offering unparalleled insights into the broad clinical spectrum of brain disorders.
- Get complete, integrated visual guidance on the brain with thorough, richly illustrated coverage.
- Quickly understand complex topics thanks to a concise text-atlas format that provides a context bridge between primary and specialized medicine.
- Clearly visualize how core concepts of anatomy, physiology, and other basic sciences correlate across disciplines.
- Benefit from matchless Netter illustrations that offer precision, clarity, detail and realism as they provide a visual approach to the clinical presentation and care of the patient.
- Gain a rich clinical view of all aspects of the brain in one comprehensive volume, conveyed through beautiful illustrations as well as up-to-date radiologic images.
- Clearly see the connection between basic science and clinical practice with an integrated overview of normal structure and function as it relates to pathologic conditions.
- Grasp current clinical concepts regarding development, pediatrics, and adult medicine captured in classic Netter illustrations, as well as new illustrations created specifically for this volume by artist-physician Carlos Machado, MD, and others working in the Netter style.