A Practical Approach To Cardiac Anesthesia is the most widely used clinical reference in cardiac anesthesia. Drawing on the experience of 55 authors from 29 different institutions, this 5th edition provides complete information on drugs, monitoring, cardiopulmonary bypass, circulatory support, and anesthetic management of specific cardiac disorders.
Combining clinically relevant basic science with a practical “what-to-do” approach, this text is written in an easy-to-read outline format. Information is presented in a logical structure that makes essential facts easy to find and apply. And step-by-step coverage guides readers from cardiac physiology to anesthetic management of specific cardiac surgical procedures to management of cardiac disorders to circulatory support and organ preservation.
Whether you’re a practicing anesthesiologist, anesthesia resident, fellow in cardiothoracic anesthesia, perfusionist, or any other anesthesia practitioner, this is one book you should definitely keep close by.
• Insightful perspectives from acknowledged authorities address thoracic anesthesia and pain management in cardiac and thoracic procedures
• New chapters covering cardiac physiology and pericardial disease
• Additional content addressing adult congenital heart disease and the latest advances in percutaneous valves
• Full-color design throughout helps to highlight critical concepts
• TEE images in full-color provide detailed intraoperative views of cardiovascular structures and activity
• Key points are summarized at the beginning of each chapter with references to the appropriate section of the text