Case Competencies in Orthopaedic Surgery is a centralized, easy-access guide to preparing for cases most commonly encountered during training. Written by expert author teams consisting of both attending surgeons and residents, it follows a technique-based format and design that summarizes the surgical steps, from room set-up to closure, of all cases relevant to the 15 categories of “Orthopaedic Surgery Case Minimums” as determined by the ACGME.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
- Forty “technique-based chapters” boast an outline format with minimal text, high-definition intraoperativefigures, and original illustrations, plus annotated step-by-step videos for the majority of cases.
- Each chapter contains easy-to-use tables outlining the surgical steps, essential equipment, technical pearls, and common pitfalls of each case.
- Includes coverage of today’s hot topics in orthopaedic surgery, such as fractures, arthroscopy, arthroplasty, “bread and butter” pediatric cases, and basic subspecialty cases (spine, foot and ankle, oncology, hand, shoulder, and more).
- Lists CPT and ICD 9/10 codes to help with case logging.
Comments are closed.