Fully updated from cover to cover, incorporating over 200 new studies on the evidence-based approach to diagnosis, the 4th Edition of Evidence-Based Physical Diagnosis remains your go-to resource for guidance on interpreting physical signs, enabling you to determine the most appropriate physical finding to confirm a diagnosis.Internationally renowned author Dr. Steven McGee puts the most current evidence at your fingertips, allowing you to quickly compare all physical signs for a given diagnosis, understand their significance, and then select the most accurate ones.
- Includes a unique evidence-based calculator online that enables you to easily determine probability using likelihood ratios.
- Features a reader-friendly outline format, including dozens of “EBM boxes” and accompanying “EBM ruler” illustrations.
- Provides new evidence on the scientific value of many physical findings, including Cheyne-Stokes respirations, subclavian stenosis, fever of unknown origin, porto-pulmonary hypertension, localization of stroke, and many more.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- NEW two-color format improves readability and helps you find essential information faster.
- NEW Key Teaching Points at the beginning of every chapter, ideal for teachers of bedside medicine.